I love Google tools! This new one offers great teaching possibilities! Find more here: http://mashable.com/2017/01/12/toontastic-3d-launch/#Kw._fEnEMSq3
Archive for the ‘digital storytelling’ Category
Find the entire article her: http://classtechtips.com/2014/03/31/14-apps-for-telling-stories/
- Write About This! Prompts (journaling and writing prompts)
- Book Creator (create interactive storybooks)
- FriendStrip Comic Creator (design a comic book)
- Toontastic for Story Telling (create high quality cartoons)
- Publish Stories on iPads (write your own storybook)
- Slideshows with Shadow Puppet (record narrated slideshows)
- Colorful iPad Drawing Tool (illustrate a story)
- Toontastic Jr. Shrek Movie Maker (retell a story)
- Scribble My Story (write your own storybook)
- Tell a Tale on iPads (writing prompts)
- Inspiration Lite for Mind Mapping (brainstorm ideas)
- Illustrate a Story (draw pictures for a storybook)
- Graphic Organizers: Idea Sketch (plan a story)
- Use Comics Head for Storytelling (create a comic)
Check out these other lists:
Find resources in “12 Tools and Apps for Creating Digital Storybooks” at http://americantesol.com/blogger/digitalbookcreatorsapps/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
Storybook Creation Websites
- Little Bird Tales – features include drawing online, adding a voice narration, and adding images to accompany written stories.
- Storybird– create stories and choose artwork from artists to create a digital book.
- Toondoo– choose characters and backgrounds to visualize stories.
- Picture Book Maker– create a children’s picture book by choosing characters and props and creating the text. You have to register with an email address to use this free web tool.
- BoomWriter– have your class create a collaborative story. Features include peer editing and chapter voting.
- Zooburst– 3D pop up story creator with cute characters or students can upload their own images.
- Story Jumper– similar to ToonDoo’s layout where students choose characters and backgrounds to visualize their stories.
- My Story Book– create a digital story with characters, images, and drawings.
- Pinky Dinky Doo– children pick what kind of story to create (silly, fairytale, mystery, scary, or outer space) then they fill in gaps in a story that has characters and a plot line.
- Bookr/Pimpampum– create a storybook with Flickr photos.
Storybook Creation Apps
- Book Creator (iOS and Android app)- a great app where students can add images, video, and audio to create books.
- StoryKit (iOS app)– create a digital storybook by drawing on the screen, uploading images, voice recording, and drawing. Students email a link to the story. The application includes four public domain children’s books to rewrite and rearrange into a new story.